About Us

Sub Menu
  • Announcement Item Example This is a fun opportunity to meet other choir members and get a jump start on Read More >
  • Announcement Item Example01 This is a fun opportunity to meet other choir members and get a jump start on Read More >
  • Announcement Item Example02 This is a fun opportunity to meet other choir members and get a jump start on Read More >
  • Announcement Item Example03 This is a fun opportunity to meet other choir members and get a jump start on Read More >
  • Announcement Item Example04 This is a fun opportunity to meet other choir members and get a jump start on Read More >
  • Announcement Item Example05 This is a fun opportunity to meet other choir members and get a jump start on Read More >
About Us

Saint Agnes School is an award-winning and nationally recognized co-ed, K-12 school rooted in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the sacramental life. Established in 1888, Saint Agnes has celebrated a tradition of excellence for over 125 years.

Located in the heart of St. Paul, Saint Agnes offers a comprehensive and challenging curriculum that provides for the intellectual, moral, spiritual, and character formation of each student. Rigorous educational programs effectively serve a diverse group of students from 75 different zip codes, and opportunities abound in service, athletic competition, and the fine arts.

Recently named one of the top 50 Catholic high schools in the U.S., the curriculum underlines the unity of faith and reason and seeks to form students into confident, intelligent and faithful young adults. From the educational philosophy to the cultural and aesthetic environment, Saint Agnes School is built upon a commitment to Christ and His Church, and is proud to serve families across the Archdiocese of St. Paul & Minneapolis.

Enrollment

At the start of this academic year, there were approximately 720 students enrolled in grades Kindergarten through 12.

Faculty

Approximately 20 K-6 and 30 7-12 faculty and staff, including two full-time and one part-time counselors (guidance and college). Over 60% of faculty members hold master’s degrees, with 4 PhD’s and 1 ABD on the High School faculty.

Accreditations/Affiliations

    • Approved as a Catholic School and affiliated with the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis 
    • Member of NAPCIS (The National Association of Private Catholic and Independent Schools)

Accredited by the North Central Association of Schools and Colleges and AdvancED

  • Member of the MISF (Minnesota Independent School Forum)

  • Named one of the “Top 50 Catholic High Schools in the Nation” for 2012-13 by the Cardinal Newman Society
  • Named to the Catholic High School Honor Roll for 2014-15 and 2015-16, which recognizes secondary schools throughout the U.S. committed to strong Catholic identity and academic excellence

Athletics/Activities

As a member of the Minnesota High School League’s Tri-Metro Conference, Saint Agnes School offers more than 25 sports and activities. Approximately 95% of high school students participate in at least one activity. Opportunities range from service projects to competitions and clubs, and cover a variety of interests, such as Mock Trial, the Spring Musical, National Honor Society, and Jazz Band.

Graduation Requirements

Students are required to earn a minimum of 24.50 credits in ninth through twelfth grade. Credit requirements, including 4 years of Theology, 4 years of The Humanities (4 years of English, 4 years of History), 3 years of Mathematics, 3 years of Science, 2 consecutive years minimum of Foreign Language, 1 year of Fine Arts, 1 year of Physical Education, and 2.50 required elective credits. 94% of Saint Agnes School’s 2014 graduates have gone to attend four-year colleges and universities with the remaining 6% participating in full-time volunteer or military service.

  • Announcement Item Example This is a fun opportunity to meet other choir members and get a jump start on Read More >
  • Announcement Item Example01 This is a fun opportunity to meet other choir members and get a jump start on Read More >
  • Announcement Item Example02 This is a fun opportunity to meet other choir members and get a jump start on Read More >
  • Announcement Item Example03 This is a fun opportunity to meet other choir members and get a jump start on Read More >
  • Announcement Item Example04 This is a fun opportunity to meet other choir members and get a jump start on Read More >
  • Announcement Item Example05 This is a fun opportunity to meet other choir members and get a jump start on Read More >